Massachusetts Probate Court Info
Talk to an
Will Contests and Disputes - Massachusetts Probate
Dissatisfaction with the contents of a will alone do not constitute legal grounds for disputing a Will in Massachusetts. Legal grounds may however include:
(1) a person with a stautory right to recover was improperly ommitted (ie a spouse)
(2) The Will fails the statutory technical requirements to sustain its validity. for example: it was not properly witnessed or executed;
(3) the Testator was incompetent when the Will was signed;
(3) Undue influence or coercion was imposed upon the Testator.
(4) Fraud in the execution of the Will: ie, the Will signature was forged.
In a will contest proceeding in Probate Court, the probate court can strike the entire Will or a part. For aggressive representation by experienced litigators please call us anytime for a free consultation to discuss your rights.
& Gray, LLP